1AoKSD or “One Act of Kindness San Diego” is a Lucky Duck Foundation initiative, raising awareness and funds for San Diego County’s homeless population, one day and one dollar at a time.
Leading San Diego in caring for its most vulnerable citizens
About the Lucky Duck Foundation
• Contributed $1.5 Million in 2017 to purchase bridge housing shelters for approximately 700 people
• Raised over 10 Million Dollars for charitable causes since 2005
• Has hosted nine annual Swing & Soiree fundraisers to benefit San Diego charities
• Supported by hundreds of donors, supporters, volunteers and friends
• Founded by San Diego philanthropists Pat & Stephanie Kilkenny
Why Help Now?
Homelessness is San Diego’s number-one social service issue right now!
San Diego County’s Homelessness Epidemic
- More than 5,600 people living on the street unsheltered
- 9,160 homeless countywide, both sheltered and unsheltered
- Including 1,600 members of homeless families with children
- Homeless population in San Diego city and county is the fourth largest in the country