Leading San Diego in caring for its most vulnerable citizens
The Lucky Duck Foundation’s contributions to the community span 14 years.
In 2018, LDF:
- Supported the homeless outreach efforts of our collaborative partners.
- Donated vehicles for Family Health Centers of San Diego and Alpha Project Wheels of Change Jobs Program for their outreach programs.
- Packed and distributed 700 Community Care Kits for bridge shelter residents.
In 2017, LDF:
- Contributed $1.5 million to purchase three bridge shelters for over 700 people. The sprung structure shelters were purchased with funds raised by the Foundation.
Since its inception in 2005, LDF:
- Raised over $10 million for many charitable causes.
- Hosts the annual Swing & Soiree fundraisers to benefit San Diego charities.
- Been supported by hundreds of lucky ducks including donors, advocates, volunteers and friends.
We Need Your Help
Homelessness is San Diego’s number-one social service issue.
Our county’s homelessness epidemic is at a critical level. According to the 2018 San Diego Annual Point-In-Time Count (January 2018) conducted by the Regional Task Force on Homelessness:
- San Diego’s homeless population is the fourth largest in the country.
- More than 8,576 total homeless persons in the county.
- Over 1,300 homeless veterans in the county.
- Over 1,600 members of families and children.
- San Diego does not have the facilities to support our homeless, with only 42 beds for every 100
- homeless persons.
Do you feel that you are luckier than most and that, like the Lucky Duck Foundation, you are called to help our community? Volunteer, donate goods, get vocal, and share your luck today.