“Share your luck” to alleviate the suffering of homelessness throughout San Diego County
Because we believe homelessness is San Diego’s number one issue, we raise money to fund and activate high-impact programs that alleviate the suffering of homelessness throughout San Diego City & County.
With your help, we can fund and activate high-impact programs throughout San Diego City and County that are best-in-class, fact-based, cost-effective and show results.
Plus, every dollar donated (up to $1.5 million per year), is matched by Lucky Duck Foundation co-founders, Pat and Stephanie Kilkenny.
Thank you for considering donating or hosting a fundraiser in support of the Lucky Duck Foundation.
Your donations help us fund several strategies, including but not limited to:
- Shelters – connecting the homeless to shelter, critical services, and a pathway to long-term housing
- Employment Opportunities & Job Training – providing employment skills, work experience and job training across a multitude of industries through numerous community service providers
- Food and Water – delivering life-saving food, water, and services to unsheltered San Diegans
- Food Rescue – eliminating waste by collecting and distributing unused food
- Actionable Research – collaborating with San Diego’s institutions of higher learning to research, identify and implement best-in-class strategies in support of individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Strategic Collaborations – maximizing resources, partnerships, expertise and outcomes
- Finding and Following Facts – polling San Diegans, 84% of whom said vacant government buildings should be used as inclement weather shelter
- Signature Campaign – urging elected officials to open vacant government buildings based on overwhelming public opinion
- Technology and Access – providing computers, tablets and other technology to enable the homeless to pursue housing, employment and educational opportunities
- Outreach– linking the homeless to shelter, critical services and other necessities
- Mental Health Services – critically-needed mental health services, including within bridge shelters, youth-specific programs, behavioral healthcare, substance use services, case management, life skills training and advocacy
- Tuesday Group – weekly meeting of fact-based business and civic leaders committed to leading San Diego to best practices in all areas of homelessness
- Symposiums – we host regular meetings that convene business, civic, political, philanthropic, and homeless leaders and other stakeholders to drive collaboration and progress
- Community Care Kits – supplying personal hygiene items and other necessities
- And Several Other Initiatives – provided they are cost-effective and best-in-class with proven results and effective leadership
In addition to monetary donations, LDF invites you to share your luck by:
• Attending a Fundraiser Event
• Recruiting a Potential Donor to Double the Impact
• Get vocal and write to the Mayor, City Council and County Supervisors
• Volunteering with our Collaborative Partners
• Donating goods to one of our Collaborative Partners
• Sign Up for our Newsletter
• Follow, Like, and Share on Social:
*The Lucky Duck Foundation (501c3, Tax ID# 20-3324885) is not responsible for the accuracy of IRS filings of our donors. Please consult your tax advisor.