Your donation makes a difference!
Donate money now or start your own fundraiser.
Because we believe homelessness is San Diego’s number one issue, we raise money to fund and activate high-impact programs that alleviate the suffering of homelessness throughout San Diego City & County.
With your help, we can fund and activate high-impact programs throughout San Diego City and County that are best-in-class, fact-based, cost-effective and show results.
Plus, every dollar donated (up to $1 million per year), is matched by Lucky Duck Foundation co-founders, Pat and Stephanie Kilkenny.
Thank you for considering donating or hosting a fundraiser in support of the Lucky Duck Foundation.
Your donations help us fund several strategies, including but not limited to:
- Shelters – connecting the homeless to shelter, critical services, and a pathway to long-term housing
- Employment Opportunities & Job Training – providing employment skills, work experience and job training across a multitude of industries through numerous community service providers
- Food and Water – delivering life-saving food, water, and services to unsheltered San Diegans
- Actionable Research – collaborating with San Diego’s institutions of higher learning to research, identify and implement best-in-class strategies in support of individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Strategic Collaborations – maximizing resources, partnerships, expertise and outcomes
- Finding and Following Facts – polling San Diegans, 84% of whom said vacant government buildings should be used as inclement weather shelter
- Signature Campaign – urging elected officials to open vacant government buildings based on overwhelming public opinion
- Technology and Access – providing computers, tablets and other technology to enable the homeless to pursue housing, employment and educational opportunities
- Outreach– linking the homeless to shelter, critical services and other necessities
- Meals and Food Rescue – eliminating waste by collecting and distributing unused food
- Tuesday Group – weekly meeting of fact-based business and civic leaders committed to leading San Diego to best practices in all areas of homelessness
- Symposiums – we host regular meetings that convene business, civic, political, philanthropic, and homeless leaders and other stakeholders to drive collaboration and progress
- Community Care Kits – supplying personal hygiene items and other necessities
- And Several Other Initiatives – provided they are cost-effective and best-in-class with proven results and effective leadership
In addition to monetary donations, LDF invites you to share your luck by:
• Attending a Fundraiser Event
• Recruiting a Potential Donor to Double the Impact
• Get vocal and write to the Mayor, City Council and County Supervisors
• Volunteering with our Collaborative Partners
• Donating goods to one of our Collaborative Partners
• Sign Up for our Newsletter
• Follow, Like, and Share on Social:
*The Lucky Duck Foundation (501c3, Tax ID# 20-3324885) is not responsible for the accuracy of IRS filings of our donors. Please consult your tax advisor.