What is the Legacy Society?
The Lucky Duck Foundation’s Legacy Society honors everyone who has included the Lucky Duck Foundation in their estate plan.
You are entitled to be a member if you have included the Lucky Duck Foundation as a beneficiary in any of the following:
- Living Trust
- Retirement Plan
- Life insurance policy
- Life income gift arrangement (charitable remainder trust, charitable gift annuity)
“Blessed is he who plants trees under whose shade he will never sit.” – Ancient Proverb
Why join the LDF Legacy Society?
- To share with the community that part of your legacy is to support community-centered nonprofits like LDF;
- To inspire others to similarly make community philanthropy a part of their legacy;
- To receive insider updates and be invited to special events and be given an opportunity to share your ideas on how LDF can expand its impact on the community;
- To receive regular tips to leverage your charitable plans into tax savings.
Plan Your Legacy with the Lucky Duck Foundation
Throughout your life, careful planning allowed you to make gifts to Lucky Duck Foundation while still providing for your family.
Meet with us so we can share ideas about creating an estate plan to (1) achieve your personal goals to provide for your retirement and your family and (2) leave a legacy through your support of important organizations like Lucky Duck Foundation.
Include the Lucky Duck Foundation in your Will or Estate Plan
Leave a legacy of support for LDF:
- Let us add you as a member of the Legacy Society once you have included LDF in your will, living rust, retirement plan, life insurance or life income gift.
- Let us plan with you how to direct your gift to a LDF project that is meaningful to you and your family.
- Let us plan with you to use your estate to benefit the Lucky Duck Foundation rather than Uncle Sam while also maximizing your returns.
Our Free Offer: Create A Will to include the Lucky Duck Foundation
Let us help you start your estate plan today by reimbursing you for the cost to create your will. To do so, contact Drew Moser, Executive Director, at 619-417-1149 or email@example.com to learn more. We look forward to working with you!
Ways to Give Through Your Estate
Will: Add a provision in your will that allocates a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate to support LDF.
Living Trust: Same as above. Beware that only assets transferred to your Living Trust will be affected by your Living Trust provisions.
Retirement Plan: Add LDF to the beneficiary section of your retirement plan or life insurance.
I give _________ ($_________) or ________ percentage (__%) to Lucky Duck Foundation, a IRC section 501©(3) organization, tax identification number ___________, located at 5675 Ruffin Rd., Suite 100, San Diego, CA 92123. I have further instructions as to how LDF can use these funds in a separate Gift Agreement.
LDF suggests, but does not require that you create a separate document to elaborate on your instructions for the intended use of your gift to LDF. This document can also share your family values to help future leadership at LDF determine the most meaningful use of your gift.
Please do not hesitate to contact us so we can provide suggestions on ways to maximize tax savings while supporting our efforts.
Additionally, we are glad to subsidize a portion of your estate planning expenses, whether you do so online or with an attorney (as we recommend).
Please contact our Executive Director Drew Moser at DrewM@luckyduckfoundation.org to learn more.